This application is the fifth of six regularly scheduled carefully formulated applications to your lawn.
The prime objective of this application is to maintain seasonal growth and color. This application includes a seasonal fertilizer designed for growing turf grasses.
Along with the fertilization, a broadleaf weed control and may also include a post-emergent weed control for winter annuals and weedy grasses that may emerge due to the cooler evening temperatures. For warm season grasses in select locations, this application will also contain a pre-emergent to help prevent weedy grasses and winter annuals.
We thank you for using our services and we will be 100% committed to having you happy with your lawn and landscape and our services.
- Please keep children and pets off lawn until the application has dried.
- Please do not water heavily for 24 hours. (This is a safety margin and does not necessarily mean a light or even a heavy rain within this period will affect the application.)
- Please do not mow for 24 hours. Return clippings to the lawn for the first two mowings following this application.
- It will take some time for the established weeds to die. If you do not see results within 14 days, please call us to return for further service.
Fall Lawn CareWith cooler weather, there are certain things to keep in mind when caring for your lawn. Here are some reminders.
MowingAs the temperatures cool and rainfall becomes more abundant the cutting height of your mower can be lowered in cool season lawns and raised in warm season lawns. For warm season lawns this will help protect the lawn from cold weather. In cool weather lawns it will also be very important to mow more frequently as the turf will be growing more vigorously in the fall. Remember to avoid cutting more than 1/3 of the grass blade at one time. Also, make sure your mower blade is sharp. Continue mowing as long as shoot growth is evident.
LeavesRemove all tree leaves from your lawn on a regular basis during the fall. Regular raking of leaves is good for your lawn, and it will help you avoid messy, wet leaves which can accumulate. Tree leaves not only smother grass, but also cut off light which is required for photosynthesis and late season root growth. Leaf-smothered areas will show damage in the spring.
AerationAeration is an essential practice for a healthy and attractive lawn. It will both help decrease thatch and it will promote root growth. The root system is starting to actively grow at this time of year. A healthy root system is the foundation of a beautiful lawn. We offer this service at a super price.
LimeLime is an important practice for maintaining a healthy and attractive lawn. It helps to restore nutrients back to the soil that may have been used by vigorously growing turfgrass. It is essential to enable the plants ability to better absorb the nutrients that are being applied to your lawn.
6 Steps To A Beautiful LawnThe following six practices are steps that you can take to further enhance the beauty of your lawn, making it the best it can be.
- Maintain 1/2" to 1" of water per week throughout growing season. When watering, water heavily and do it in the morning.
- Mow lawn regularly, maintaining a height between 2 1/2" and 3 1/2" for cool season grasses and 1 1/2" and 2 1/2" for warm season grasses (southern locations). Avoid taking more than 1/3 of grass blade at one mowing. Lawn clippings return needed nutrients to the soil, therefore avoid removing after every mowing. Use a well sharpened blade.
- Have lawn aerated once a year. Aerate twice a year if your lawn has a heavy thatch layer or the soil is heavy clay. This is the most beneficial practice because it promotes root growth – essential for a healthy lawn.
- Control weedy perennial grasses such as coarse fescue and bentgrass by using roundup or by digging them out. Following the first 3 steps will do much to squeeze them out. If you have any questions about these grasses please consult with your lawn specialist.
- Minimize damage from shade by thinning trees and shrubs and removing lower branches. Seed with 5 lbs./1000 sq. ft. of red fescue. Try to avoid traffic and in the fall, keep leaves raked.
- Please consult your lawn specialist if you see any changes in your lawn or you have any concerns with your lawn or landscape.
The Naturescape® Guarantee
Your Naturescape® specialist is committed to making you happy with our service and your lawn and landscape. If you are not completely satisfied with the results of our services or you have any questions or concerns, please call your area branch office and we will be happy to take care of them free of charge within 72 hours.